Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hornets Reef

Should I dive or should I not? Is that even a question? Well not for me as the answer is obvious! Diving has been my passion ever since I started some 3 years back. I haven't dive for slightly more than a month due to some "freak" accident on my neck. What happen? Don't ask - but all I can say is it is not a lovebite! :P hee hee..

I was excited hearing that there will be a dive off Jerudong. It has been ages and I would like to return to Arun's Wreck. 5 minutes out the sea and Hj Kula's engine failed on us. :( So how??? Cannot dive ar?? Hell no! Azli came to the rescue, towing the boat all the way to Hornets Reef. And, what happen next? We had two wonderful dives....! :) Pictures speak more than a thousand words... so take a look at the pictures taken by my dive buddies, Andrew and Steven.

*My camera still under repair somewhere in Singapore - Boo...Hoooo....! :( *

Dive Date: 30 June 2008
Dive Sites: Hornets Reef
Visibility: 8m
Boat Captain: Azli & Hj Kula
Dive buddies: Andrew, Steven, Eugene, Simon, Joseph, Richard, Yeo, Rozie, Fanni, Novy (Norphy?), Uwais, Hakeem

Underwater shots from Steven Goh (photos taken using Canon 40D in Ikelite Housing):

Azli's Bahtera Perak to the rescue....!


Simon (left), Steven (right)


Buddy Andrew came to the rescue, the tank kept hitting my head! (left),
Me with Andrew's No. 2 Baby - Nikon D200 in Nexus Housing (right)


Coral Reef of Brunei


Nemoooooooooo (left) Honeycomb Moray Eel (right)

Underwater shots from Andrew Chieng:


Peacock Mantis Shrimo (left), Cuttlefish (right)


Goby displaying (left)

I like this shot.
It is something common in underwater Brunei
that very often we will not even capture a shot of it.
Yet, this photo potrays such beautiful texture...


The highlight of this dive:
Harlequin Ghost Pipefish
(photograph copyrighted by Andrew Chieng)


Juvenille Harlequin Ghost Pipefish Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...! :)
(photograph copyrighted by Andrew Chieng)

No comments: