Tuesday, December 18, 2007

3...2...1... Baby are u ready to rock?

Well, in the name of privacy, let’s just use anonymous name for my conversation with a buddy of mine. Hehe…

Little Bunny: ?

Me: got concert
Little Bunny: scorpions?
Me: yeahhh
Little Bunny: the group?
Little Bunny: ****
Me: i dont even know who..
Little Bunny: bullsh*t
Me: but i think rock band
Little Bunny: Yah there r in india
Little Bunny: this sunday?
Little Bunny: sh*t im goin over
Me: who are they?
Me: wut's the nice song?
Little Bunny: wind of change
Me: U KIDDING me?
Me: that's them?
Little Bunny: Dont talk to me ok
Little Bunny: shudnt tell me that kind of thing
Little Bunny: scorpions man
Little Bunny: classic!

Hehe.. so I decided to book myself a ticket (middle range costs Rs1500).
And who should I go with? *Light bulb on* Shikhaaaa…! She came to my mind right away. But then, she wasn’t interested when I asked her the next day. And, she was so eager to help me find someone to go with. Sweet of her! But, I told her no need to as there are two BEC (Bangalore Expatriate Club) couples who are going. I sent an email to Kevin and… tadaaa… I got myself a dinner and concert planned out! We met up at Koshy’s for yummy “fish n chips” (my first bite of fish in Bangalore… Tastes like HEAVEN!) and tasty roast
chicken!

After dinner, off we go to the Palace Grounds… There are some crowd but bearable. Rienke (who lives in Brunei for four years when she was a child! What a small world?!), Victor and myself went in one car while Kevin and Carol decided to ride on their scooter. (I found out why they want to do this at the end of the concert. The traffic was crazy when we left! Smart move guys!

Now about the Scorpions.. the Scor-pi-ons..! What can I say about them…? Hmm… I don’t know much of the songs besides “Wind of change” and “Humanity”… But to my surprise, some of them are really good. Rienke got touched listening to “still loving you” and I thought that song is really sweet too. But… but… this is a rock band yeah? They rock obviously. There are actually lots of families in the concert. Standing only like 5 metres away from the stage, I could clearly see everyone in the band and I was surrounded by the fans… but it is not like we are squeezed like sardines. There is plenty of space to move around. When I said families – I meant: father, mother, sons and daughters. And guess who are the one that did most of the screaming and singing out loud? Yes.. the father! And, they rawkkkssss! Heee heee…

My favourite for the concert has to be when they played wind of change, and the ironic thing is when the band sang this song… I can really feel the cool breeze… I thought that it was just absolutely beautiful and no regrets that I went for the concert! Like what Barney from “How I meet your Mother” series likes to say… “It was LEGENDARY…!”


Scorpions you guys rawks Bangalore like a hurricane…!

PS: Just a little note, after the concert, my left ear sort of got deaf a bit for like hours!

Here are some more pictures...!

Victor and Rienke from Holland

Kevin and Carol from New York
Scorpions - Lead Singer

Rienke and Me

No comments: