Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting the Bangalore Touch

Have been busy at work and also trying to settle here in Bangalore. Now, how else can you try to settle in if you don’t go for shopping and for restaurant hunting? Hee hee…

I was very lucky to have made great new friends here. One of them is Shikha and she is like my “local guide” here.. bringing me shopping and buying varieties of dishes for me to try. My favourite has to be the dosa and …. They are yummieeee and most importantly not too spicy. I always think I am someone who can take spicy food, well.. not till now. The green chilies here are so spicy that I can feel my tummy burning even after 2 hours taking it. Dohh…!

On two weekends, Shikha accompanied me. One to shopping and I’ve got myself loads of goodies… hehe.. for myself saja.. so don’t expect any souvenirs yet… haha… with all the rush in the packing, I found myself bringing lots of working pants but not much tops.. Doh..! So I bought myself some local salwar kameez (Punjabi traditional dress) and guess what? Some = 7 pairs! I have to control my spending! Any tips for the shop-a-holic?

On another weekend, Shikha and myself went to two temples famous in Bangalore. One is the one and only BullTemple (recommended by my driver) and the other is suggested by Shikha which is definitely a great must-visit site; Iskcon Temple. It is the largest temple in Bangalore and it was made out from lots of gold and precious stones. No pictures though as cameras are not allowed. Pity.

Pictures taken at Bull Temple - My driver insists that he helped me take a picture.

Here are some more pictures… Enjoy…!

Shikha and me enjoying our snacks at Garuda Mall. What did we eat? See below...

Steamed Momos - CHINESE apparently, and it is the first time i heard of it!

Rajkachori - and this is YUMMY!

Then for dinner, we went to Punjabi Times and had lots of food.

More pictures? Here it comes...
Satya (My apartment Manager), his wife Gayathri and Balu, their son. This lovely family has invited me for dinner and will be dining with them again on Xmas day

The Indian version of MacGuyver who opened wines using screwdriver!

Yummy curry chicken, paratha, chapati, basmati rice, salads and apples prepared by Gayathri

Dinner prepared by Manisha at Mukesh's House - I love the paneer which is like toufu but made of milk


My most expensive Salwar Kameez - BND150!!! Kena cheated kah me? But then.. it is nice! heehee..

Lunch at The Bay - In one of my punjabi traditional clothes. My pants macam aladdin kah? Hohoho..!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Really macam aladdin la babe, not sensualle at all! ROFL!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm Caryn kool one!!! I read all ur experiences (almst all I guess). Waiting for next party most probably at ur aprtment I guess. So, hwz life goin on in Bangalore?????? wat else u did in bangalore when I was nt there except work and Goa trip??????? :)))