Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cement Wreck & Pyramid Reef

Dive Date: 28 March 2008
Dive Sites: Cement Wreck, Pyramid Sand-Patch, Pyramid Reef
Visibility: 5m - 8m
Boat Captain: Hj Kula
Dive buddies: Simon, Joseph & Eric

Whaleshark whaleshark where are you? :( We didn't manage to spot whaleshark, but nevertheless we enjoyed these dives very much. It was a cosy boat ride with plenty of space for only the four of us. Thank you Hj Kula for bringing us out!

Our first dive at Cement wreck was really cold for me. Temperature was about 26 degrees and I shiver mad in my 3mm wetsuit. Still testing my strobe light, I did not venture much around the site. Our 2nd dive, Hj Kula anchor down at Pyramid reef. But after we descent, we can only see sand and oh my... sand! Sand patch...! I got excited and patiently move around to look for gobies. We spotted diagonal gobies and yellow gobies. Absolutely beautiful, only wish that I have got a DSLR or a macro lens at least for better pictures. :(

After about 25 mins dive at the sandpatch and snapping away with Eric on the gobies, Simon and Joseph signalled to ascend. Simon was wondering hard what Eric and I were trying to photograph! hehe... For our 3rd dive, we descent at Pyramid Reef. Simon and Joseph spotted anemone crab where as me and Eric did our usual, practising with our camera on whatever we can find. :)

Here are some pictures...

Gobies & Shrimps


Nudibranch on starfish

Softcorals of the sea

Octopus & Nudibranch @ Cement Wreck

Eric with his toy... Canon Powershot G9 with Inon strobe and macro lens

No comments: