Monday, January 7, 2008

Bak Kut Teh

"What's for lunch today?"

That has been my favourite question every noon Brunei time to my buddies, especially to my bummie who recently left back home after spending 10 days in India celebrating Xmas and NY with me. After only 10 days and she feast like a hungry ghost back in Brunei now!

Showing off each other lunches {well mine is always the standard Veg Combo Meal - comprises of chapati, rice, dhaal, veg masala and curd (yoghurt)}, I told her that today I will be having bak-kut-teh with cakoi and a glass of three-sour drink (san suan ping)!

Babehhh here is my lunch for today!

Papad (crispy Keropok as starter) with four pots of bak-kut-teh! (right)


See the bak-kut-teh on my plate? (left) and my big piece of ca-koi? (right)


Well they ran out of san suan ping - so I had fresh pineapple juice! And it tastes so refreshing...!

Sometime you just have to use your imagination ...! Hee hee...

And as a bonus, I had pistachio ice-cream for dessert... yummm yummmm

By the way, lunch was on Siddarth the birthday boy today...! Happy Birthday Siddarth!

No comments: