Saturday, January 19, 2008

Yo! FOOD!

Friday after work...

Selvar : Madamme, new chinese food!
Me : Huh? What new chinese food?
(Selvar pointed to a newly opened chinese restaurant)
Me : Wow..! Yo! China!
(Well, the name of the Restaurant is "Yo! China" Aparently it is a franchise and it is everywhere in India.)


So I thought, what the heck? Since I am lazy to cook after a long day's work, I went in for some take-aways. I asked if Selvar wanted anything. He said... "Madamme, try tastes first".

I ordered two set of "double combo meal; comprising of two main dishes and fried noodles or fried rice. Selvar had asked me not to eat chicken for a month in India because of "bird flu". Isn't he one of the best drivers in Bangalore? Hence, I ordered prawns and lamb as my two main dishes. Of course, the other set of combo meal is for Selvar. =)


Yo! China - Chinese Food, Chinese Prices <-- wth? what does it mean by "Chinese" prices??

"Tastes as great at Yo place" - got website somemore okie? ;) hee hee...

The noodle was great. I had prawns and lamb. The combo meal came with some vegetables pickles (like acar) and fried spring roll. There are dim sum like "siu mai" and "xiao lung pao" too! Will try next time!

Today, I had a lazy morning... And, it was sooo.. soo.... misty and cold!

View from my balcony

I woke up and had coffee and a bowl of cornflakes. Then I continued with my DVD series Friends, a X'mas gift which has kept me entertained till today. And, I am on the last DVD now! Boo-hoo...

For lunch, I was thinking of pasta. But the weather was so cold that when I made my HOT coffee in the morning, it turned to ICE coffee after I finished my small bowl of cornflakes! So, I thought I should cook something that will help keep me warm.

Again, I opened the fridge and... ta-daaaa.... Kingfisher Beer...! Hohoho...!

Kingfisher DIET - 30% less calories! Now is that cool or what? Hee..hee...

I prepared the ingredients... as described as a friend of mine of "simply hantam" a.k.a "anyhow whack", I just take what I feel will be a good combination with the beer

Eh dont worry.. I didnt put the pineapple behind in the beer!
Just to support the container while I took the picture. Ha ha..!


And it tastes gooddddddddddddd..! Hee hee....

While enjoying my lunch, I realised I've got a gift from Shikha & Manish (my project mates) here and I have yet to open it.

They've gotten me a Ganesh / Ganesha souvenir! So sweet of them! Thank you guys!

Just two days back over lunch, we (me and my project mates) had an interesting lunch topic. And, it was all about Ganesha. Ganesha is a very popular elephant-headed God in India. His head is an elephant because his father Lord Shiva chopped off his head. Ganesha was guarding while his mom was taking a shower at the pond. Not knowing that Lord Shiva was his father (neither does Lord Shiva knows that Ganesha is his son), Lord Shiva got annoyed because he wasn't allow to see his wife and hence, chop off his head. Ganesha's mom then asked Lord Shiva to chop off a head of a living thing, put it on the son's body to recover him. Hence, an elephant head! How interesting is that???

Ganesha - taken at Kemp Fort temple, Bangalore

If you notice from the picture above, Ganesha wraps a snake around his stomach because he eats a lot of lettuce and doesn't want his stomach to burst.

All this is so interesting that I should find out more and make it a daily lunch topic with my project mates! Hee hee... Till the next lunch episode...

Namaste and Vanakam! It is time for my massage... hohoho...

No comments: