Saturday, January 26, 2008

Season Finale...

It has come to the last few episodes of my life in Bangalore...

This morning my project has gone live successfully. I am happy, relieved... but also very very sleepy! I woke up at 5am on Friday... too stress and excited over the project timeline.

View from my balcony at 5am

Then, worked till 9.30pm... got home and continued work till 3am.

With only 3 hrs sleep, I continued till I heard the good news from my project mates in Australia that the project has been signed off! Sealed "Up & Running"!

Gayathri rang, dropped by and must be shocked to see how I look like a mad woman with sleep deprived. She kindly got her girl to make me a glass of hot coffee... Ahhhh.. the tastes and caffeine made me feel better... more awake...!

Happy that the project has gone well, I am also excited to make full use of the rest of my time today... S-L-E-E-P...! But what about meals? Well, haven't you read my previous posts? The lovely neighbours remember?

I napped for about an hour, woke up and just 5 minutes after I woke up the door bell rang. I got to the toilet to check my hair - don't want to scare my neighbours with the "just-woke-up-look". Hee hee... I opened the door, and there stand Balu with big plate on his hand. He handed the plate over to me and said, "Food".

Wow! I felt so pampered! Got a hot glass of really needed coffee this morning, got my nap and then... FOOD...! I felt like a happy little fish swimming around blowing happy bubbles out from my mouth. Hee hee..

What have Gayathri prepared for lunch today? Here it comes....!

Fried fish fillets, vegetables, fries, dhaal and basmasti rice.


I love eating the dhaal on basmasti rice. YUMMY! (left) The after-math...! BURP...! hee hee(right)

To make some of my colleagues jealous - who are working in Brunei on Saturdays, I webcam them to show them the food. Here are their reactions...

Webcam with Pete:
Pete: Howddy
Me: Wanna see wut my apartment manager's wife just made for me for lunch?
Pete: How would i do that?
Me: webcam laaaaaaaaa
(after seeing the food)
Pete: No wonder u look so much better!
Pete: no longer the skinny you!
Pete: u hv cheek bones now
Me: Haha.. fine...! I wanna eat now... and grow fat...! :P

Webcam with Ping:
The man of few words as usual - short and sweet...
Ping: make me hungry nia
Ping: Good for you!

Hee hee...

I am scheduled to leave Bangalore 31st Jan. One thing I know, I am going to miss this apartment, the neighbours and the Gayathri's cookings.

With a full stomach now... it is time to continue my nap. Hohoho..! Namaste.

No comments: