Sunday, July 8, 2007

Brunei Patch Night Dive - 12th July 2006

Moonlight Divers were in the water again yesterday nite! Gosh... dunno if it is me not getting enough sleep, i still feel as if i am on the choppy boat ride. Hehe... Cute & Slick Manta was feeling sea sick yesterday.

Oh well, yesterday we had Farid the DMT (DiveMaster Trainee) to guide us. The first time we descent, we got drifted and we couldnt find the patch. Well, we found sand patch though.. hehe..after about a 2min search, Farid signalled to ascend and we got up, relocate and descent again. This time we found the patch. It was an excellent dive as we spotted lots of underwater goodies. Not treasure la.. but i guess i will call it the "underwater treasure". We spotted cuttlefish, blue-spotted sting-ray, humphead parrotfish, sweetlips, six-banded angel fish, great barracuda (who was following us like a predator!), nudibranch, cornetfish, scribbled leather jacket and more...
Farid was really good and he spotted most of the stuff for us and some from the Bitch who sneak off work early and "moon-ing" (haha) using his new torch. Hehe... On the 2nd dive, Farid spotted a cleaner shrimp which was just beautiful. I was trying to take a closer look at it when i spotted something that looks like a spider! I used my tank banger to touch it a bit and it moved! It was a decorator crab... simply beautiful! On our 2nd dive, we also saw what i will call "staghorn paradise"! Lots of staghorns.. and in my mind.. i was calling out for the seahorse. I was really hoping to spot at least one for Slick Manta... but I couldnt. I turned around and i noticed that everyone else was doing the same. I laughed inside my heart, feeling that we were like sea-horse hunter... except we just hunt with our eyes and camera...
My buddy's torches (primary and secondary) decided to die on him on the 2nd dive and i gave him my primary light and i switched to my secondary. Not long after that, we ascent and end our dive. When on surface, i noticed that my torch was not on my wrist. I dropped it! But, the light is still on. I put on my mask and I can see it in the bottom, my buddy wanted to go down with me to get the torch but DMT Farid offered to go. Unfortunately, he could not find the light! The current was strong and we got drifted from our point of ascent. Boo-HOO.... when we are leaving, i gave out a shout... a shout of farewell and full of sadness.. "BYE BYE Princeton-Tec" ...My very first dive torch... and it is with white lights! Oh.. and i forgot to mention that my O-ring burst on me too yesterday. Gonna get Cek Li to help me fix it... sigh.. sad sad sad.. but good learning experience. Look at the bright (moon) side... We lose something, but we gain another...

So... what's next??? Let's get some day dives and i can probably search for my torch!

No comments: