Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dive Marathon - 3rd September 2006

How does 2 day dives, 1 sunset dive and 1 night dive sound to you? Good? It was simply WONDERFUL! Haha.. Linda, Sebastian and myself decided to do that yesterday. It was totally cool and we were not exhausted until after the night dive!

We had decided on our sunset and night dives at Bolkiah, I was still deciding on my day dives at Rig Reef until yesterday morning. I woke up early and couldn't sleep back. Then... I thought.. Oh What the heck? Just do it! (as Nike says)

It was a beautiful day, sun shiny with 4 open water students! It was really memorable diving with them! Not that I've dived with them before. We just met. But, the memorable part comes in funny as I observed the way they dive. It reminded me of how I was before, on my first open water dive. Haha... Struggling, panicky, bad buoyancy and out-of-air fast! Haha...! So so interesting. On the 2nd dive, they were so happy to see clown fishes! Just like me before...! I just went.. Oh goodness, nemoooooooo so cute! hahah... Memories...!

We were led and supervised by Ing Ing the DM trainee and Norman was conducting the course. Linda and Sebastian were observing while I was free "Fish" wandering around and saw lots of nudibranches!!! A BIG FAT ONE and a super tiny one smaller than my fingernail! Linda passed me her camera on my 2nd dive and I managed to take some pictures.We spotted a big trumpet shell with a "snail" inside, titan trigger, a pair of harlequin sweetlips, snappers, a pair of blue-ringed angelfish, lots of moorish idols, lots of nudi branches, flatworms, giant clam, goatfish, played with a goby and partner shrimp and more... Oh.. Not forgetting.. NEMO-ssssss... :)

On the 3rd dive, the current was getting stronger. Azli the Instructor went down and came up telling us.. "Later... go down slowly.. lots of fish.. don't scare them away..." All of us went.."Woo-HOOO...! Let's go..!" Within minutes, we headed down and hoping to meet the giant groupers again. Unfortunately, the groupers had decided to feast on Vietnamese cuisine at the Vietnam Wreck. (as quoted from Cute Manta)Doh! We tried our luck again during the night dives (my fourth dive for the day!) and had gave a plan to bang our tanks to wake the groupers up, probably might be sleeping inside the wreck. At bottom, no one dares.. Haha.. Only occasional banging when spotted something cool. We spotted some goodies though.. lots of puffer! Baby pufferfish, a giant starry puffer, a map puffer and more... There was a school of barracudas with one big great barracuda, lion fishes, crabbies, lobster, cleaner shrimps, hawkfishes, scorpion fish and more... Saw the remains of the toilet in the wreck and we did a good 3 minutes penetration inside the wreck, led by Azli.

Our divemarathon ended about 10pm and we left for the shore. It was a longggg day and I could not believe that I've spent more than 12 hours in the middle of the sea, above and underwater! Haha.. Nonetheless, we had heaps of funs and Linda and her dear dear are already asking for the next one... Hmm.. This coming weekend??


Comments I received:
from dj faith
thats a pretty site . really .i mean you are great
March 19 10:02 PM
(http://focmcloud95.spaces.live.com/)

No comments: