Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dive Marathon continues...

Hellew fella' readers... you must be wondering. Haven't I been diving lately? Of cos I had and planning for more dives every week! hehe.. Oh dear... It has been super busy days lately and I haven't got the chance to update my blogs.

So, let's see if I can squeeze all the dives that I haven't yet log in here. I'll be keeping it really short with just the highlight of the trips.

Sept 8 - Exploration Dives with Azli.
My very first exploration dives and it is simply amazing. Interesting to find out how ones really go about exploring and locating a new dive site. In addition, to experience the success of finding a new site is just indescribable! Saw lots of fishes, a GIANT puffer about 2-3 feet long, white-eyed moray eels out hunting, huge golden trevally (but i didnt get to see), man-of-war (lots of them and one was in the shape of "C" becos of the current), got scared by a sucker fish, Hj Kula and Keem spotted a baby whale shark from the boat while we were diving (boo-Hooo! ) . We did 4 dives, but I logged only 3 dives for this trip becos the first dive I did is only 15 minutes.

Sept 9 - Turtle Point Night Dives
Takako FIRST night dive in Brunei's water. And, she was scared! Adeh-deh...! hehehe.. What's the highlight of this dive? Turtle of cos! Haha... Spotted coral catshark, great barracuda attacking Steven's torch, lots of nudis, lots of puffer, green lobster and more. Oh, i spotted a fish that has got a horn on its forehead, like a unicorn. According to steven the ADI, the fish is aggressive. Hmmm....

Sept 10 - Cement Wreck Night Dives
Always beautiful to see this underwater garden rated top 10 in Asia! Wonderful to visit it at night. Spotted a 3 feet long grouper, box puffer, a funny looking puffer with a bum on its head (again like a unicorn!), lots of lobsters, cleaner shrimps, white-eyed moray eel, green shrimps, crabbies, scorpion fishes, lion fishes, and grouperssssss. First night dive for Kei Kei.. Well done!

Sept 14 - Princess Avenue Night Dives
Led by Eng the DI. Spotted coral catsharks (one juvenile and one big + long! They followed us throughout the dives! Scarieeee...), great barracuda at the side of my buddy (Angel freaked when I told her!), an injured harlequin sweetlips :((, lobsters, big shrimps and crabbies (made me and angel hungry!), beautiful cuttlefish, blue ringed angelfish, the "unicorn" fish again!, one jack that got lost in its group :P, nudi branch the size of my face, flat worms, slipper lobster, cowries (one pink in colour... Pretty!).

Sept 15 - Cement Wreck Day Dives
Back at cement wreck again, this time enjoying its beauty under the sunlight. The highlight of this trip has to be the YELLOW LEAF FISH! My very first time! Yippeeee...! Buddy Lee Ming spotted a HUGE and I MEAN HUGE barracuda! I think it is almost 5 feet long! On the animal planet's website, it is stated that the great barracuda can reach up to 2 meters in length. Amazing. Crossing over the top deck of the ship, I came face to face to a 1.5 feet long titan trigger! I freaked and almost pee in my wetsuit!!! Tat spotted the octopus that we tot went missing or migrated. It did migrate but to another site in the ship. Haha.. also, spotted lots of beautiful scorpion fishes, lion fishes, batfishes, groupers, fussilers, school of juvenile barracudas, cleaner shrimps, and more... Tat and Anny shared their chips with the fishes underwater.

Hmm.. so what's for tmr? Let's bring not your broom but your knives and tools to clean up the beach! Yay! Have you registered for the Beach Clean Up Day?
And, what's coming up after that? More dives? You Bet! I am gonna log of 100th dives soon! Yippeeeee...

No comments: