Sunday, July 8, 2007

Brunei Patches Night Dive - 22nd June 2006

Praying through the day... No rain no rain.. We were so happy that the sun was out and shining...! I called up Azli and he said, "Okie tu. The Dive is On!" Yay..! I cudnt wipe the smile off my face after that. Excited over the dive, Lee Ming and myself was planning already on what time to get our gears and prepare for the dives. Haha..

We saw a dead porcupine puffer on land. It was kinda sad to see a big puffer dead and imagine what a pretty fish it will be underwater. We sailed off around 7.30pm. Azli was quiet, very quiet when taking us to the site. I know that it was not a good sign as Azli usually talks a lot if the weather was good. It was getting cloudy and on-and-off we can see some lightning. "Looks like the storm is building up", i said to myself. Perhaps, he noticed that I was a bit worried, the Cute Manta jokingly pray that the weather will be great and the thunder will go away.

It was a longggggg slowwwwww ride to brunei patches. When we're there, the current was so strong. So strong that it pushed me waist high while i was holding to the anchor line. When all divers are out from the boat, we quickly descent. And then... the adventure begins... as of today, I will rate this dive as the best night dive...

I spotted a SEAHORSE! It was pure luck.. PuRE GOOD LUCK.. Thank YOU for letting my torch shine on it while it was swaying itself beautifully in a humongous staghorn; asleep. I cudn't believe my eyes and stare at it for a good 5 seconds. Totally amazed and excited, i was searching high and low for my tank-bang while keeping my eyes at the seahorse to not loose sight of it. I finally found my tank-bang and banging all the way till i got all divers' attention. What a Bewdy...?!!

That's not all... we then spotted a cornetfish (which i tot was a trumpet-fish) hehe... We saw lots of beautiful fishes asleep, crabbies and shrimps. Azli spotted a big lobster and baby lobster as well. I was following closely to Azli as I know he always spot good stuff and will quickly signalled us. I was looking at some corals trying to find another goodies when suddenly I felt a "calling" signal from Azli. This time, the signal was really fast and I felt a shiver under my fins! Hehe.. When i looked at the light Azli shone, it was a shark! A coral cat-shark (which i tot was a leopard shark! :P Guess i need to do some fish ID! Haha..). It was swimming really fast but we managed to take a good 30 seconds look at it. Now, isn't this an excellent dive! A coral catshark and a seahorse! But.. it's that all? NO...! We then saw not one but TWO humphead parrotfish hiding in the boulders. It was awesome... it was just fantastc that I felt like dropping my jaw but i can't becos i need to keep the regulator in my mouth. Haha...

I was so happy that I felt like living underwater in brunei patches. So happy that i felt sick after surfacing! Haha.. I vomitted for the first time... Donno why... felt a bit dizzy and headache. Hope i am not suffering from a mild DCS. Heheh... Nonetheless, it was a fantastic dive and i will definitely go back to Brunei patches!
Next dive... BLUE WATER... YIPPEEEEEE!

No comments: