Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Quest for Dive 100

I am desperate. So desperate to hit the "jackpot" for number 100. My heart sank and I felt so upset... so depressed when I found out that we couldn't dive at Miri last week. I was so disappointed as this means I cannot get my 100th dive at Miri.

As our dives in Miri are cancelled, we headed back on Sunday nite 24/9, hoping to dive on Monday. I was still asleep when my mobile rang. It was Lee Ming. The first thing she said was "Babe, sleeping ar? Look outside the window, I think we can't dive." Another disappointment. It was pouring heavily and the wind were strong.
On Friday, finally.. I managed to dip myself into Mel's Reef. Viz was bad, probably about 5-7metres. And I only managed to do 2 dives. This means my total dives todate is only 99.

Yesterday I tried my luck to hit 100 at Tutong. But the dives were cancelled, again, due to bad weather. Strong waves at the shore but calm outside. We cannot get our boat out. When Captain Hj Lamzi signalled the "No-Go" sign, I couldn't smile anymore. Oh well, since we were out at Tutong and there were heaps of sandwiches, buns and other munchies, we ended up picnic for breakie at Tutong Beach. Then we headed to Tutong town for lunch. When we reached Bandar, we rang up Azli and he agreed that we shall try our luck for nite dives at Pelong. Pelong?? Oh, why not? I am desperate to hit 100.

When we were out at Pelong, the waves were terrible; rocking the boat. We checked the viz and it was bad. To make it worse, we spotted lots of jelly-fishes. Azli warned us - strong surge and look out for jelly fishes. Without wasting any longer, we headed down and descend using the anchor line. I was trying my luck to take a few pixies but everytime after I focus on the coral, I got pushed away by the strong surge. I failed to take any good shots. Then Azli signalled for us to follow him. We followed but within a minute or two, our group got separated. The viz was really bad. We went around trying to look for the rest, but failed. Azli then signalled for us to ascend. We headed up and found the rest. It was only a 13 minutes dive and I only log a dive that is at least 15 minutes bottom time. It was a bad idea for a nite dive as the waves were strong, many suffered sea-sickness and Uwais got stung by a jelly fish. Nonetheless, it was a good experience and we learnt something new every dives.

So.. now.. for the big question... Whennnnnnnnn....??? When can I hit my dive 100?

Please pray with me for good weather and good viz. Perhaps I can do my 100th dive this weekend.


When we can't dive... we "fly".. hehe.. the "jumping divers" at Tutong...

Goshness..! We looked sooooooo constipated... HoHoHohO...!

Comments i got:
from zyan
you can come to my house to hit your 100th dive, got mini shark (look alike). but i heard some old folk said any divers who hit 100th dive must buy BIG BIG dinner (e.g. abalone, lobster, bird's nest, etc) to other divers, otherwise it will &*$$&^*^$&*..... haha :p

October 02 5:28 PM(http://zyaneric.spaces.live.com/)

from 我吻你应该(磨合中)
I like dive, which must be done in Hainan in China.

November 29 4:12 PM(http://justinq.spaces.live.com/)

No comments: