Sunday, July 8, 2007

Burn's Patch & Rig Reef - 6th August 2006

Are you ready to see the pygmy seahorse? "I AM...! Me Me...! I want to go...!" Basically everyone was replying along the same line, eager to see the pygmy seahorse. We ascent and examined every sea fans that we can see as potential spot for a pygmy seahorse. Sadly, we didnt get to see any. But, it's okie... that means more diving to look for the seahorse...! We spotted lots of nudibranches at Burn's Patch.

Upon surface, we took turns one by one to get up to the boat. I was 2nd in queue. When i got up, i saw reddish water dripped down from my face down to the boat. I was scared. I tot my nose was bleeding. I turned back to the sea and asked Anny. "Anny is my nose bleeding?" Anny said she can't see as her mask is fogging. I asked Angel instead who is just behind Anny. Angel replied "No. BUT U R BLEEDING ALL OVER UR SKULL! It's all over your face!" Then I laughed when the rest were shocked. I knew then it was my hair colour. I just coloured my hair red! Haha... I jumped back down to the sea and rinsed my hair. Hehe... When Anny got up, she told me... "When i heard you asked if your nose is bleeding, I knew from that point of time that i need to quickly get up to the boat." I was touched. I told Anny that it was so sweet of her that she want to quickly get up to check and make sure i am ok. (Anny is a doctor). Then, she replied, "No.. blood means shark. So i must get up quickly!" Dohh...!

On our 2nd Dive at Rig Reef... we descent and found a small patch surrounded by sandpatch... the only special thing i can remember is a juvenille titan triggerfish. Then, buddy Lee Ming asked me to pair-up and cross to sandpatch, see if we could find anything interesting. The moment we "enter" the sandpatch, we spotted a sting ray! Not Bad..! Haha... Then we swam a straight line trying to see if we can spot any other coral patches... We cant see much and I signalled to her to go back... She agreed and we went back to what we think is the reciprocal heading... Unfortunately, we didnt mark our compass and the current must have drifted us for a bit. We could not find our way back. We decided to surface. Upon surface, Jessie (boatman) together with Hj Zainal came and took us back to the anchor line. This time, Hj Zainal asked us to descend using the anchor line and it will lead us to the correct site. We decent and found a school of parrot fishes feeding! It was beautiful... We sort of followed them and observed... We spotted a few boulders and I signalled to Lee Ming to check those crevices out to see if we can spot any sharks. Haha... Towards the end of the dives, Lee Ming spotted a BIG titan trigger... it gave me a chill, reminding me of my experience in Koh Samui where a titan trigger bit my fins like a DOG!

Weather hasnt been so promising lately... I hope I can do at least go for a night dive and day dive before I begin another Land Adventure!Oh Mr. Sun .... SUN... Pls shine down on me...!


Comments I received:
from zyan
yalo... no see pygmy seahorse, i no see titan trigger :( and our buddy system very special... one north one south... supposely one buddy group 7 diver end up 3 different buddy group.. :p

August 10 10:15 AM (http://zyaneric.spaces.live.com/)

No comments: